Michael Yadgar is a corporate Partner, he concentrates his practice in the corporate, securities, investment funds, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, commercial and business law areas. He advises a number of regional corporates and family offices with headquarters in the G.C.C. as well as U.S. corporates with interests in the G.C.C. In his nearly 17 years of practice, he has advised and counselled public and closely held companies on all legal aspects of transactions, operations, regulatory compliance and business strategy in the U.S. and throughout the G.C.C.
Selected experience includes representation of:
- Acting as counsel to an environmental solutions company with office in Saudi Arabia and Bahrain.
- Advising a DMCC/ Boston based Technology Company in a joint venture renegotiation and possible acquisition by an international conglomerate.
- Advising an investor group entering into a joint venture with a regional sovereign wealth fund and a publicly listed US company for the production of industrial products in Bahrain. Currently acting on behalf of the joint venture company as a whole.
- Advising the company providing project management services to the Jazan Gas Projects Company on general corporate and corporate governance matters.
- Advised a French based international engineering company on their acquisition of a 51% interest in a Bahrain based engineering company. Advising same on additional activities in Bahrain, including tenders and post tender award implementation.
- Advised Citibank NA (Bahrain) on Custodial arrangements.
- Advised NBK Capital in the establishment of various corporate entities in Bahrain and the acquisition by those entities of NBK Capital assets for the purpose of realigning NBK Capital’s business streams.
- Advised Huawei Technologies Company in the establishment of a regional network operation center in Bahrain.
- Advised Time Magazine in the establishment of distribution operations in Bahrain.
- Advised Amwal International Investment Company in connection with the acquisition of a securities and commodities brokerage.
- Advised a number of European, Asian, American and offshore companies and funds in the marketing of foreign securities in the GCC.
- Advised a fortune 100 US based company on the simultaneous acquisition of their distributors in the UAE, KSA and Bahrain.
- Advised a Kuwait based asset manager on the claims they may make attacking the veracity of a Private Placement memorandum for a fund they invested in.
- Worked along with a team of legal and tax advisors to develop the first publicly listed commodity exchange traded index tracking fund, eventually leading to the successful launch of fifteen ETFs through an IPO process.
- In connection with the development of the ETF platforms, interacted with the US Securities and Exchange Commission, CFTC and NFA on a series of no-action letters that have become industry standard for this type of ETF.
- Developed a suite of service agreements for ETF custodians, administrators and authorized participants.
- Advised on Hedge Fund offerings.
Corporate, Regulatory & Government Affairs
Hofstra University School of Law, New York, Juris Doctor, May 1999
University of Nice Sophia Antipolis School of Law, Nice, France, 1997
Hofstra University Zarb School of Business, New York, Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business (BBA), 1993