Dr. Husain AlAbdullah is a partner at Meysan Partners and a member of the firm’s dispute resolution practice. Prior to joining Meysan, Husain worked as a partner at Arkan Legal Consultants law firm in Kuwait who was also the co-founder of the firm back in the year 2010.
Dr. AlAbdullah is proficient in commercial, administrative, criminal and constitutional legal cases. He is also well-experienced in drafting pleadings and representing clients before the courts in such legal cases.
Dr. AlAbdullah is experienced in drafting all kinds of legislation, whether decisions, decrees, or laws. He also provides legal courses to many private institutions and legal departments.
Kuwait Lawyers Association
Kuwait Journalist Association
Kuwait Public Funds Protection Association
The Committee to Review the Pleadings Law, formed by a decision of the Minister of Justice in 2021
The advisory team assigned by the Council of Ministers to implement Sahel 2021
The advisory team of the Minister of Higher Education and Minister of Oil 2021
The advisory team of the Minister of Electricity and Oil since 2019-2020
PHD in public law, Tanta University, Egypt
Master’s Degree in law, Tanta University, Egypt
Bachelor of law, Kuwait University
Dr. Husain AlAbdullah has published many research studies and legal articles in several legal journals and daily newspapers, including:
- The Civil and Commercial Procedures Law in the Journal of Law affiliated to the Scientific Publication Council at Kuwait University.
- Guarantees related to administrative investigation of a government employee in accordance with the Kuwaiti Civil Service Law in the Journal of Law affiliated to the Scientific Publication Council at Kuwait University.
- A legal study on Publications Law No. 3 of 2006 in the Kuwaiti Al-Qabas newspaper in April 2006
- A legal study in the Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Qabas on Audio-Visual Law No. 1 of 2007 and published in June 2007.
- A legal study on the political responsibility of the Prime Minister and was published in several Kuwaiti newspapers, including Al-Qabas newspaper, Al-Jarida and Al-Seyassah in 2008.
- A legal study in Al-Jarida newspaper on 12/4/2016 about the DNA law.
- A legal study in Al-Jarida newspaper on 3/15/2016 on a draft law related to public benefit associations.
- A legal study in Al-Jarida newspaper about the Human Rights Bureau and a comparison about the project submitted by the government and the proposed law submitted by the National Assembly and published on 3/3/2015.
- A study on amending the electoral law according to Law No. 27 of 2016 and published on 10/11/2016
- A legal study on the Communications Authority Law No. 37 of 2014 published in Al-Jarida newspaper on 25/5/2014.
- A legal study on the Information Technology Crimes Law No. 63 of 2015 published in Al Jarida newspaper on 06/14/2015.
Dr. Hussein Al-Abdullah has also participated in many parliamentary and legal committee meetings, including:
- Participated in meetings to discuss and research about the preparatory work for the issuance of Electronic Media Law No. 8 of 2016 in the months of April 2015 and January 2016
- Participated in meetings to discuss and research about the Authority’s Law No. 99 of 2015 to set the executive steps for the law
- Reviewed the executive regulations regarding the Credit Bank Law (formerly the Savings and Credit Bank). He drafted the amendments of the Communications Commission Law No. 37 of 2014 which a large part of it was adopted in Law No. 98 in 2015.
- Participated in many investigation bodies set up by many public agencies
- A legal study on Electronic Media Law No. 8 of 2016 published in Al Jarida newspaper on 10/11/2016
- A legal comment was published for him on 12/12/2015 in Al-Jarida newspaper regarding the amendment of the Kuwaiti Juvenile Law by reducing the juvenile age to 16 years instead of 18 years according to criminal responsibility.
- A comment was published for him on the draft law establishing the State Council on 24/5/2016 in Al-Jarida newspaper.
- Editor of the legal page in Al-Qabas newspaper since 2000 – March 2007.
- Prepared the legal page in Al-Jarida newspaper since 2007 until now.
- Publisher of the monthly legal e-magazine, Meysan Law Media, licensed by the Ministry of Information. The magazine publishes legal studies, research, and court rulings.
Additionally, Dr. AlAbdullah has led and presented many legal courses, workshops, and legal conferences for many private and public sectors.