Michel is a trilingual lawyer with over 10 years of experience advising on corporate and commercial matters, particularly in the Middle East and North Africa. He specializes in cross-border mergers and acquisitions (M&A), joint ventures, private equity and foreign direct investment. He has worked with clients operating in most business sectors, including telecommunication, logistics, healthcare, media, manufacturing, energy and financial services.
Michel holds academic qualifications in common law and civil law. He graduated from the University of Aberdeen in the United Kingdom with a Master of Laws degree (LL.M) in International Commercial Law ("Merit" awarded). He also completed his undergraduate law degree (LL.B) at the Lebanese University in Beirut and a postgraduate degree in international business at the Notre Dame University in Lebanon. Michel is admitted to the Beirut Bar Association and is a member of the International Bar Association. He joined Meysan Partners Kuwait office in March 2015.
Corporate, Private Clients
• Representing the purchasers of 80% equity in Manarat Educational Services Company WLL, the operator of seven (7) nurseries in Kuwait under the trade name Hamel Almesk.
• Advising the shareholders of the British International Education company on the sale of 100% equity to Nord Anglia Education.
• Advised Mobile telecommunication Company (Zain) in Kuwait on its joint venture arrangement with iflix /YoYo.
• Advised Mobile Telecommunication Company (Zain) in Kuwait and the UAE in relation with various agency agreements for drones’ suppliers.
• Advised Bayer Pharmaceuticals, Paul Hartmann, Baxter AG, and Abbott with their agency disputes in Kuwait.
• Advised Agility on its contracting and service agreements with Petrofac, Pfizer, and Nokia, in the UAE and Saudi Arabia.
• Advised Ford General Motors Inc. on its contractual and agency disputes in Kuwait.
• Acting as expert witness in ICC case involving Kutayba Alghanim vs. Bassam Alghanim New York.
• Currently, advising GCC Catering Services on the purchase of a majority stake in a Kuwaiti company specialized in logistics, manpower and defense sectors.
• Advising Agility Logistics on the acquisition of eShips LLC in Abu Dhabi.
• Advising Agility Logistics on the acquisition of Micor in South Africa.
• Advising Rennu International WLL on the acquisition and the corporate restructuring of Sponge Manufacturing company WLL in Kuwait.
• Advising STC (Viva Kuwait) on its acquisition of a leading internet provider in Kuwait.
• Advising Agility on the acquisition of Kazoo & More WLL in a leading nuts store in Kuwait.
• Advising the shareholders of British School of Kuwait on the sale of 100% equity to Nord Anglia Education.
• Advising Safat Energy KSCC (Kuwait) on the divestment from National Drilling Company (Egypt).
• Advising Egis SA in Kuwait, UAE, Bahrain, Lebanon and Palestine on the acquisition of 51% in Projacs International.
• Advising the shareholders of Trafalgar WLL in Kuwait on the sale of 50% equity to Maarouf family.
• Advising the shareholders of Talabat, on the sale of 100% of its capital to German based business Rocket Internet.