Adel Alasousi
Senior Associate

Adel Alasousi is a Senior Associate at Meysan and a member of the fi­­rm’s corporate practice.

Adel’s practice focuses on corporate and commercial law. He is specialized in mergers and acquisitions and capital markets matters. He has represented clients on several noteworthy domestic and cross-border high profile transactions.

  • Corporate
  • Competition
  • Private Wealth
  • Mergers and acquisitions
  • Restructuring
  • Pre-MBA, Gulf University of Science and Technology
  • Bachelor’s in law, Kuwait University, School of Law
  • Arabic (fluent)
  • English (fluent)

Apany, an investment company listed on Boursa Kuwait with a value of USD $80million. The deal has been executed as an Off-Market Trade with multiple investors in one single day.

Advised NBK Capital on its acquisition of a 56% stake in 4Sale application.

Advised Delivery Hero on matters related to the corporate restructuring of DH entities in Kuwait and legal advice to the group for the operation of its entities in Kuwait.

Advised KFH on the proposed cross border acquisition by way of share swap of Ahli United Bank in Bahrain. The consolidation is set to create the largest banking entity in Kuwait with assets of $94bn.

Advised Kamco Investment Company K.S.C.P. (Boursa Kuwait listed company) on their acquisition of Global Investment House K.S.C.C. + ABB Ltd – Handling and leading the restructuring of ABB entities in Kuwait and the sale of ABB Power Grids business in Kuwait to Hitachi as part the $11 billion dollar deal in Hitachi acquiring an 80.1% stake in the Zurich-headquartered Hitachi ABB Power Grids joint venture, while ABB holds the remaining 19.9% stake.

Advised Ferrero on the acquisition of Al Bustan Al Khaleeji business in Kuwait.

Advised on Majid Al Futtaim’s acquisition of 100% stake in Retail Arabia B.S.C., together with the remaining minority stakes in Fucom Central Markets KSCC Kuwait (Geant’s Franchisee).

Navigating Restrictive Acts under Kuwaiti Anti-trust Laws
Navigating Restrictive Acts under Kuwait...
May 17, 2024

The prevalence of restrictive clauses in contracts with a Kuwaiti nexus, introduced by both service providers and product suppliers, has become a notable feature in the business landscape. These clauses often seek to limit client autonomy by restricting the resale of purchased goods or engagement with competing service providers. However,… Read more